Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thank you Moms

I'm very greatful for my moms: Meiann and Agnes. My mom helped me buy some children's Tylenol, infant Tylenol, Children's Advil, infant Advil, and ginger ale (as you can see by the list of drugs we were quite desperate!!). Desperate but not crazy, we only fed him the infant Tylenol.


Today, Agnes (Ern's mommy) came over to help me with keeping Madelyn happy. Eh..heh..Matthew? He's still on "ma..ma..ma..ma" mode. It was great because I could atleast sneak in some down time when I put Matthew down for a nap.


Matthew's fever is still lingering around like a fly, but it's improving from a massive wasp to a tiny fruit fly (those that you're never quick enough to kill!). I hope it clears up soon for the well-being of all of us *sigh*. Meanwhile... his nose is constantly dripping with yellow goo (you might think i'm mean to have taken this pic, ..hey... might as well go cuckoo with a few laughs!). I'm so glad that Ern doesn't have to work tomorrow.


As a side note..I have been noticing that my Baby Brain has still not left me even though my two muchkins are no longer in me (but rather a constant extention of my legs or arms). Is it from my 2 years of sleep deprivation? Is it ever going to go away? Or..am I doomed for life. Well... we'll see as we roll along this sometimes bumpy road.


Although it's been tough, I will never trade away what I have now. The good times don't look so damn good without the bad days (unless you look at things through a glass of beer, which Ern and I had to result to last nite to calm down). I felt bad for being so mean to Matthew last nite (of course I didn't feel this way before my beer). Poor guy, so sick and being yelled at. Hey!...I was really freakin tired running on 2-3 hrs of sleep. Today I have changed and just told myself to take it easy.


Being parents can really bring out the monster in you. Scary eh! Now I know how being on the other side feels (yelling instead of being yelled at). Unfortunately...the grass in not greener on this side. Both jobs are hard: growing up and growing someone. Meanwhile..I can look outside my window at my growing tulips and daffodils and enjoy a zen moment.


1 comment:

Mum's The Word said...

Hahaha.. funny picture..
don't worry, I posted a pic of Colin's poop before, and man.. you have to see the response I got.. hahaha..
Hang in there Mommy!!!
And welcome to the world of blogger!!