Madelyn got her one year shots yesterday. She's more than one, but I have been procastinating. I just can't stand seeing her scream with pain and the info floating out there about the MMR shots. I guess i'm not as concerned since Autism affects more boys. I didn't know this information until after Matthew got his shots.
She got four shots in total. One in each arm and one in each thigh. I had to clamp her down with her sitting on my lap and my legs and arms strapping her. It was as traumatic for me as it was for her. I kept on appologizing to her. I'm very grateful that Ern's work allows their employees to claim sick time for their children's doc appointments.
Matthew's worries about doctors has probably been further ingrained into his little brain by Madelyn's experience. Well, his negativity (towards both the specialist and the family doc) may have been initiated by me. My bad. Reason is (procastination is the death of me) I didn't deliver him to the needles until he was well beyond 18 months (more like 20ish....). I hope this phobia does not stick to him until he's old. Then, he'll be annoying his kids with his unwillingness to go for medical check ups and the other "funny" senior characteristics (that I/we may be presently 'enjoying').
Now...after rambling on..and on... (oh my...am I experiencing a senior's moment, pls remind me when i'm old not to have too many of these!!!), my title brings me to the point of Madelyn's strong personality and the fact that she's standing/walking unassisted more than ever now. 2-3 steps no problemo! Yeah to Mui Mui!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment