Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A wonderful mixture of Red, Yellow, Orange, and Brown

A Warm Autumn breeze sent wonderful colours of red, yellow, orange, and brown down upon us as the two wee ones and I embarked on raking leaves for the first time in our familial life. I'm sure us newbies have a few things to learn about raking leaves as I found it difficult to transfer my substantial pile into the paper bag. Of course it was not just a matter of mechanical ignorance on my part, but I was repeatedly side-tracked by a passionate leaf jumper.


Do we ever think about the colourful mixtures of red, yellow, orange, and brown in our lives? What do these colours represent in our life? I am left pondering about the colours of my life. How freely these colours do change as we travel down new roads. A burst of colour here and there as each wrinkle (or..ahem..road) gives birth to a new experience.





Now that I have enjoyed the colourful array of leaves sailing downwards from the sky today, with SPF 50 on my face, I shall think about how I should rearrange the new colours of red, yellow, orange, and brown in my life. One thing is for sure though, my love for my husband, children, and Jesus will remain forever green.

Friday's raindrops will come in handy as I will be couped inside to ponder my colours, assignemnts, and to do lists galore!

No comments: