Looks can be Deceptive?
I have two thoughts to ponder about today regarding this word. First, I baked my first batch or "Deceptively Delicious" chocolate chip cookies. I was hoping Matthew wouldn't notice the oatmeal, chick peas, and whole wheat flour. He didn't really notice, but he didn't like the edges either. So, I had to feed him and with a cup of water in my other hand to wash all the stuff down. My boss is hard to please nowadays. I just realized how hard it is to feed an almost 3 yr old compared to a mini 1yr old. Man....Matthew is hard to please! Looks can be deceiving!
The 2nd deceptive thought is, I have started to understand and take note of the stuff I use or eat. I think a majority of consumers only focus on the "glamourous" end result that the big companies try to preach in their ads. Of course they are working or else we'll see the natural/organic foods industry take over already! Here's the deal they deliver, put this magic cream/potion on and "tah dah!" You will see all your wrinkles -> tired face -> worries ->stress -> MONEY gone!!! hahahaha!! How? Just add some chemicals to the list and transfer you mulah to me! Consumers nowadays have to do their due diligence when practicing shopping! Just b/c the packaging promises you results in "x" days, you have to sorta wonder "how" it does that. God made us age beautifully.
I have two thoughts to ponder about today regarding this word. First, I baked my first batch or "Deceptively Delicious" chocolate chip cookies. I was hoping Matthew wouldn't notice the oatmeal, chick peas, and whole wheat flour. He didn't really notice, but he didn't like the edges either. So, I had to feed him and with a cup of water in my other hand to wash all the stuff down. My boss is hard to please nowadays. I just realized how hard it is to feed an almost 3 yr old compared to a mini 1yr old. Man....Matthew is hard to please! Looks can be deceiving!
The 2nd deceptive thought is, I have started to understand and take note of the stuff I use or eat. I think a majority of consumers only focus on the "glamourous" end result that the big companies try to preach in their ads. Of course they are working or else we'll see the natural/organic foods industry take over already! Here's the deal they deliver, put this magic cream/potion on and "tah dah!" You will see all your wrinkles -> tired face -> worries ->stress -> MONEY gone!!! hahahaha!! How? Just add some chemicals to the list and transfer you mulah to me! Consumers nowadays have to do their due diligence when practicing shopping! Just b/c the packaging promises you results in "x" days, you have to sorta wonder "how" it does that. God made us age beautifully.
I am using Jojoba oil and Apricot Kernel oil in my daily regime and it's working wonders. Bye bye dry flakes! And..NO, I'm not coated in an oily film.
Today,..I'm very proud of myself that I have yet to spend a loonie (a penny or a dime is not comparable nowadays.. i have factored inflation in the old saying!) Just dun go to where you can practice shopping. I brought Madelyn to the park instead to capture some good old vitamin D.
Today,..I'm very proud of myself that I have yet to spend a loonie (a penny or a dime is not comparable nowadays.. i have factored inflation in the old saying!) Just dun go to where you can practice shopping. I brought Madelyn to the park instead to capture some good old vitamin D.
No comments:
Post a Comment