Saturday, April 5, 2008

Cars Galore!

Today we went to the annual vancouver car show. So many cars! Matthew was a little shy at the beginning, but he started to run around like crazy afterwards. Matthew had his share of running about, Ern had his share of carrying and preventing a toddler from roaming too far, and I was happy to collect the different freebies.

Freebies: shopping bags, stringy things that go over your neck, gazzillion brochures.









I as actually very happy to gather my share of eco friendly info. I'm amazed that my Mini (notice the word "my", yes..i'm still bitter over having to part with my velvet red baby post-matthew) is one of the most fuel efficient vehicles. Yeah!
Now...I was REALY excited when I found out that Mini has a new member to their family:
Mini Clubman! It has 2.5 doors, bigger trunk space, all the goodies. It will fit my Peg Perego, but not the BOB though. Oh well, atleast I can consider buying this car after the strollers are gone and before menopause starts knocking on my door.









Then we had some food at a greek restaurant that was beside Stephos. We couldn't stand the wait, so bypassed Stephos. Matthew decided to stick to his grape diet and would only intake grapes. Oh well, he won't starve. The manager/waiter was very nice to us (and we made sure he didn't start to hate little children = more tips) and Ern said he was a little embaressed when he brought the food and I was feeding Madelyn.
Last nite we also had a taste of our yuppy days when we visited The Reef restaurant on Main Street. It was carribean food..yummy. Andrea was with us = some breathing room for us b/c she had the opportunity to spend some quality time with Matthew while we tried to garbarated our dinner as fast as we could.



A little bit about my little pumpkin, she's so cute now. She coos and smiles at me!
2 months old!



It was very nice to experience a little bit of our pre-baby days this week. Can't wait for the kids to get older so we can borrow their aunts and uncles for a weekend while we take off to ......
.... to be continued..... (i'm currently dreaming.....lah..lah lah...)....








2 comments:

Mum's The Word said...

That was nice. My days of staying in officially starts today.. hahaha Simon left last night so I have to manage now. I LOVE mini too. I've been wanting to get one but it's not possible with the babes. So, that'll be my retirement car,either that or an escalade.. hahahahahaha

It's nice to see you going out and have fun.. :) Good job Mom!!!

Kerry Chan said...

yes, I was going crazy looking at the MINI. Those were the days. An escalade is too big though, i tried to go into the F150 trucks and nearly fell off when i tried to get off. hahah!!